About our Furniture
Maine WoodWorks is a company bursting with color that specializes in Maine cottage-style furniture. We have been serving the retail community since 1988 as a wholesale manufacturer and take pride in producing a broad selection of beautiful, functional and affordable hardwood furniture. Every piece we make is carefully bench crafted in our Saco, Maine woodshop using a combination of time tested and modern day joinery methods. From lifts of lumber through to the finished product, it’s all done under our roof.
Maine WoodWorks’ furniture is crafted using the finest materials and components:
- → Solid hardwood exterior case ~ no veneers
- → Choice of bead board, barn board, or smooth side panels ~
- → Four corner English dovetail drawers with solid hardwood drawer front ~ drawer boxes constructed of full dimension (3/4” thick) solid pine with ¼” plywood bottom
- → Recessed back ~ back nests inside grooved leg for a cleaner appearance
- → Euro-glide epoxy drawer slides ~ ¾ extension slides rated to 100 lbs per drawer
- → European cup hinges ~ nickel plated self closing hinges open to 110 degrees
- → 3” solid hardwood bed posts with easy set-up rail hardware ~ beds and headboards are available in twin, full, queen and king sizes.
Maine WoodWorks’ finishing process involves a primer coat and two topcoats of environmentally friendly, water-based acrylic lacquer, resulting in a beautiful and durable finish. Our furniture is available in any color imaginable ~ select from 40 stock colors, or have us match a custom color just for you.
Have fun, let your imagination run wild, and color your world with Maine WoodWorks.